Healthy eating is a goal for many of us. It is difficult sometimes to find recipes that actually taste good, yet are low sugar and low carb. No one really wants to eat foods that taste terrible just because they are healthy. You want to feed your foods they love and will eat and this recipe will do just that for you!
What kid does not love pancakes? Go ahead and give them their favourite breakfast, and know that you can eat them too, even on a low carb diet. I used Almond flour in this recipe and it came out the best of all versions that I tried. Even the kids did not realize they were different, to me that was the bonus!!
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp water
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp Stevia or other sugar substitute
⅔ cup Almond Flour
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ tsp cinnamon
- Place the eggs, water and cream cheese into a blender and blend together
- Add in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract and baking powder and blend for two minutes, so that all the ingredients combine well
- Let the batter sit for a couple of minutes
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, fill ¾ full and pour into the pan for each pancake
- When you begin to see tiny bubbles form, it is time to carefully flip the pancake
- Continue to cook until the pancake is browned on both sides
- Continue until all the batter has been used.
- Serve with butter and low fat, low sugar syrup or better yet, use a healthier option of a flavored spread to give additional flavor and smiles.